9.25.2013

and it begins! Aaron's first day on the job and some thoughts to go along with it

After years of anticipating the "big day," the big day finally arrived--Aaron began his job on Monday at PriceWaterhouse Coopers in the Transactional Services Department.  We have known for the past year that Aaron would be working for PwC so it's crazy to think the time finally is here to get started.

Aaron's first two days were spent at PwC's San Francisco office receiving training with the other new hires. Today, he started going to his San Jose office to do even more training.  PwC actually has a full two weeks worth of training for their new hires before PwC gives them their "real work."  Hopefully I can convince Aaron to write a post in the next couple of weeks about what life on the job is like (hint, hint Aaron :)).

The picture above was taken early in our apartment in poor lighting (surrounded by some of our random unpacked things) just before I took Aaron to the Caltrain Station (the South Bay's transportation system--so much nicer than bart, who knew!) and sent him on his first day of work.

I was a proud wife.  It was a little bittersweet for me though.

On the one hand, I felt like I was losing my husband for good to the business world.   I will miss our carefree days of having flexible school schedules.  We've had it pretty easy these past two and a half years of marriage and have been able to spend a lot of our days together.  I am incredibly grateful for that time and for the even stronger bond that it gave us.  For this, I was sad to wave goodbye to the lifestyle we had going.

Despite being a little sad and nostalgic though, I am also incredibly grateful that Aaron has worked so hard to find a job that will provide for our growing family and that he is willing to sacrifice some of his interests or desires to work a 9-5 job.

And, in the end, I am not really losing him.  Luckily, we only live ten minutes from Aaron's San Jose office so this morning we got to wake up at 7:30, eat breakfast and enjoy a little bit of the morning together before he headed to work.  And tonight Aaron will get home from work around 5:15 pm and we will have plenty of time to eat dinner, unpack some more boxes and maybe even have a night on the town.  Now if only busy season and traveling never surfaced to rear their ugly faces at us.  We shall see how that goes but for now we don't have to worry about it :)

Yay for a new job and a new phase of life!  It'll be an adventure for sure.



**If you want to see the accounting/job hunt journey unfold: click here for Aaron getting into the MAcc programhere for choosing Aaron's internshiphere for Aaron breaking his arm during a recruiting eventhere for starting his internship,  here for Aaron's trip to Belize, here for accepting a his full time Transactional Services job and here for graduating from the Accounting program.  It's been a long journey but we are so blessed for all that has happened. 

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel... We've started going to the junior core recruiting activities, Ryan's applied for internships etc, and the reality that there might be weeks of my life where I don't really see him at all make me want to cry, and then I do... and it hasn't even happened yet. I understand the feeling of "losing" him - but you're right, there will be times where it's better, and times where we'll just remember the times that it was better... Good luck. I feel like as long as everything is kept in perspective it will all be okay :) at least that's what I tell myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow! I saw this picture and thought it was Adam:) We sure miss you guys. Glad to see you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete