6.29.2012

Aaron’s first day.



Aaron started his internship on Monday, June 25th.   There has been so much buildup to the internship over the past year and a half that it seems to have taken forever to actually come.  I loved seeing Aaron get dressed up for work and then sending him off—makes us feel really grown up.  His first day included mostly trainings (which is actually the whole first week) but he was able to meet his different mentors and get to know some of his fellow interns.  Sounds like he’s off to a great start.

My goal while Aaron is working is to do my lesson planning prep for the fall.  I sprawled out all my books and tried to dive in, but ended up feeling completely inadequate and overwhelmed.  It’s difficult to plan a class when you don’t even know your students yet and when you want so much to live up to expectations.  The reality of the day was that I spent most of my time finishing the final Hunger Games book and prepping myself to do my school prepping.

When Aaron came the first thing he said was, “How about we get some shakes to celebrate?”  I have never turned down an offer for ice cream, so we hopped back in the car and found the local frozen yogurt joint, Yumi Yogurt.   We split a frozen yogurt and talked about the day.  It was nice to just relax and enjoy a warm night. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment