2.05.2016

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary

This past December 18th, Aaron and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.  The month was packed with activities (as December always is) and we were actually driving to Riverside on our anniversary so we decided to celebrate early.

We got a babysitter the Saturday before our anniversary and went out to a nice restaurant, which is our ideal way of celebrating anything.  We ate at Campagnia and had a really good conversation about our life and marriage while eating delicious steak.  We treated ourselves to some creme brûlée and then did a practice drive to check out the hospital before heading back to our babysitter.

Without getting too sappy on here for all the world to read, I just really think I married the best man in the world.  He is always so kind to me and especially so these past couple months of pregnancy.  I love the life we are creating together and feel lucky every morning that I'm married to him.

My favorite moments together are when we are all together as a family and Eleanor's doing something ridiculously cute.  We look up at each other as if to say, "Are you seeing this?!" and then laugh to ourselves at how awesome life is right at that moment.

Of course, I have lots of other favorite moments where it's just me and Aaron on a date night, which have been much more frequent as of late (so wonderful!), or watching Parks and Rec late at night or cooking a special dinner together after Eleanor's gone to bed.  I'm so grateful that we still enjoy each others company just as much if not more than ever before.

In these last five years of marriage, we've made six major moves and gone from college students to full time workers to parents.  Lots of change means lots of growth (and growing pains) but we've come out stronger and better (at least I'd like to think so :)).  It feels like we are settling into normal adult life and I'm loving it.  The Saturday morning chores and daily mundane tasks aren't always "fun" but on the whole I think we are getting our groove.  We're just about to shake it all up though with a new baby but I'm thinking we are much more prepared for the challenges and great times ahead than we were when we first entered parenthood.

So here's to another great year of marriage.  May it bring us lots of laughter and good times and maybe an awesome trip to South America or something??? ;) ;)

I love you Aaron!

P.S. Just for fun, here are posts from our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Anniversaries.  Good memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment