8.24.2016

Ford rolled!

Ford rolled over in the middle of June at 4 and a half months old.  He had been arching his back a lot so I started helping him practice pulling his leg over.  I don't know if my practicing helped him at all but within days he rolled all by himself.  The first roll came in the middle of a cry-fest on Eleanor's floor as I was trying to quickly get her to bed.  The crying gave him the momentum to make it over.  He did it twice in a row and then later in his crib.  And now he is a professional roller.  Ford sleeps on his stomach every time now and quickly got so much better at propping himself up on his stomach.

Once he started rolling I became a little nervous that we started the whole movement thing a little earlier than I was ready for.  I had a dream soon after he rolled that he started full blown crawling. I woke up so relieved that it wasn't true!  Ford is now 6 and a half months old and he definitely able to get around in his own way.  He can get on all fours and rock back and forth till he lunges forward.  I'm bracing myself for the day that both of my kids can move and get away from me.  I gotta get on my game!

No comments:

Post a Comment