8.24.2016

A day at Girls Camp

I loved Girls Camp growing up and was excited for the opportunity to go this year with our young women.  I am still in the midst of nursing Ford so I could only manage going to Girls Camp for one day but it was so worth all the pumping and prep just to be there for the afternoon.  My saintly mom came for the day and watched Eleanor and Ford (and even started sleep training Ford for me!) so that I could go.

I loved seeing the girls at the end of the week.  They seemed to have grown so much in that week!  I jumped into crafts and skits and singing.  Man, those camp songs are so nostalgic for me!  The highlight was definitely the testimony meeting at night as I got to hear each of the girls in my ward share what they know about God.  I am so in awe of these young girls who face so many challenges at school with friends, peer pressure, school pressure, etc. etc.  They are strong and brave and resilient.  I can't wait til next year when I can hopefully participate even more!
 ^^Aaron texted me this chubby photo of Ford and it made me miss him so much!
 ^^pumping breaks in the car, feeling classy
 ^^all ready for my part in the leaders skit 
^^Love these ladies I work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment