3.26.2015

Modest Formal/Prom Dresses

Finding a modest prom dress was the bane of my existence when I was in high school.  While I've mostly forgotten about that whole ordeal, my now constant interaction with the teenage girls at our church has reminded me of how real that prom dress struggle is.

Back in the day, my mom and I searched for months for my prom dresses, going to every store imaginable.  I tried on hundreds of dresses and became more and more desperate with each one.  I was constantly trying to figure out how I could alter dresses to make them work--add sleeves, pin up the deep plunging neckline, sew in some lace to the back, etc. 

Like any other girl, I wanted to feel confident and beautiful that night.  My worst nightmare was someone saying, "That's a cute dress...for being modest."  I wanted to be cute regardless of my sleeve length.    

The only truly modest dresses I could find back then were out of Utah and usually $300 to $400.  The price alone was ridiculous for a dress you wear one night, and then on top of that, I just really didn't find any of those options to be too appealing.

So recently I was looking online for an Easter dress when I came across tons of beautiful, modest dresses.  My jaw dropped at the options.  Seriously, why did ASOS not exist when I was in high school? Online shopping changes everything.

I thought I'd share a few of the ones I came across just in case any of you are going to a formal event or know of a high schooler in need of a cute prom dress.  Here are some of my favorites...

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10


                                                11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15 // 16 // 17 // 18 // 19 // 20

I love them all but I think #1 is darling.  I like #12 in the blush version and I'd love to get #11 and just wear it to church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment