8.11.2014

Santa Cruz 2014

We were lucky enough to attend the traditional Stewart family camping trip to Santa Cruz on Memorial Day weekend this year!  We had a great time and survived camping with a 4 1/2 month old!

My family has camped this weekend at New Brighton Beach for as long as I can remember.  The last time I joined in though was 2008 before going on my mission and getting married.  I had been talking it up for years to Aaron and was happy he could finally experience it.  I love this family tradition.

Granted, camping is very different with a baby.  We crammed a pack 'n play in to our tent, which just left enough room for Aaron and I to share a twin air mattress.  And when Eleanor would wake up in the middle of the night to eat I would snatch her up as quickly as I could before she woke up the entire campground.  But the days made it worth it.

I love playing games with the fam, roasting marshmallows, visiting with our cousins, and sitting on the beach (we don't actually go in to the water, just look at Eleanor's face below for why).  Chelsea even coaxed me in to a morning run on the beach, which nearly killed off my pathetically weak legs and lungs.

We left the camp on Monday feeling ready for showers and naps in a nice queen sized bed, but we sure loved the experience.  Can't wait for next year!
^^Eleanor celebrates Christmas in May apparently :) Also, the hand holding has got to be the cutest thing ever.  That was all them, no forced posing there.
^^Haha.  Don't mess with Eleanor!
^^First time in the ocean.  Total fail.  But it was freezing so you can't blame her!
^^Our campsite was super sunny so it was a constant battle to keep those babes covered.  Also, my mom is a champ and is always helping with the babies.  She makes vacations a lot easier and enjoyable!
^^The traditional Sunday family beach walk to Capitola.  We are the crazy ones up there walking on the beach fully clothed.  



1 comment:

  1. so fun!!! You're so brave for camping with Eleanor- we haven't attempted it yet with Clara! I'll have to get all your tips!

    ReplyDelete