12.24.2012

Going to the temple.

This may be one of my favorite pictures of all time.

On December 19th, almost our whole immediate family along with our Grandma Raty, Aunt Rachel, Uncle David and Aunt Andy met in the Draper Temple to accompany Ginny through her first full temple experience as she received her endowment.  This was a very special day for Ginny, but also our family in general as it now marks the day that everyone in our family can enter and enjoy the full blessings of the temple.  What a wonderful Christmas gift indeed.

The temple ceremony was beautiful. I loved getting to sit next to my Grandma Raty throughout the entire session and feeling of her love for the temple. I was also so proud of Ginny for living a life that qualified her to be in such a holy place.

Following the temple, we went to Audrey's house to open some Christmas presents and spend a little holiday time together before parting for the actual holiday.

I do love my family and can't wait till we are all together again for Ginny's farewell talk in church in January.

Congratulations again Ginny.  Being worthy to enter the temple and then living up to the promises you make there is a great blessing.  I am never more at peace or more focused on what matters most than when I attend the temple.

If you want to learn more about why Mormons build temples, watch this beautiful little video:

No comments:

Post a Comment