7.27.2012

Afternoon with Myself.

Last Thursday around 2:15 pm, I realized that it had been six hours since I had talked to anyone.  All I did in those six hours since Aaron left for work was sit in the same place in our apartment and work on lesson plans.  When I realized that I was starting to go stir crazy, I decided I needed to do something.  Anything other than teaching stuff.  So I gave myself a couple hours break and had an afternoon out on the town with myself.

I started by looking up local antique shops and found the best antique store I had ever been too (granted it was all very pricey).  I just walked around and browsed the goods.

After browsing around the store, I decided that I deserved a little treat.  Thanks to the AroundMe app, I found out that we have a Sprinkles in Palo Alto!  I had never been, so I decided to drive on over.  I had the salty caramel cupcake.  Some people diss the cupcake craze, but I am a definite believer.
    
After Sprinkles, I sauntered over to the neighboring bakery and bought some macarons for our dessert that night. I finished off the afternoon with myself by driving around and taking pictures of my favorite houses in the neighborhood.  I always get the weirdest looks when I do that.  Maybe it's because my car looks like the shadiest car on the street (people here have such.nice.cars.).  Oh well.  I'm going to keep on taking my pictures until someone tells me not too.
I'd say the afternoon was a success, especially when I realized that I actually have one more week of summer than I had thought!  So my break didn't set me back at all and was totally worth it!

Oh and I stumbled on my dream house and found out it was for sale (click on this link and check it out for yourself)! It's in Atherton, just ten minutes away from where we are, in one of those neighborhoods where every home looks like it's from a movie.  If only we were in the market for a ginormous 8 bedroom home right now, huh? Oh it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment