8.24.2016

Mother-Daughter Date

Back in early June I was wanting to have more one-on-one time with Eleanor.  The perfect date opportunity presented itself when my friend Lucy texted us saying she had some extra tickets to her children's dance recital.  Eleanor and I dressed up and then headed over.  Just before the performance started, I realized that I didn't have any kind of activity or snack to keep Eleanor entertained for an hour and a half.  I crossed my fingers that she would sit still with me throughout.  I shouldn't have worried at all because she was mesmerized the entire time!
^^Cute Victor in the middle back there

Eleanor sat in my lap and had her eyes were locked on the performers.  Every time a new number started Eleanor would turn around and say, "Mom, they're doing it again!"  She would clap after each number and even turned around and gave me a kiss on the cheek at one point.  I tell ya, she LOVED it!  She even needed to go to the bathroom towards the end but was nervous that leaving meant that we were going home.  She asked, "Mommy, come back?"

We snapped this picture with Victor afterwards who Eleanor just loves.

The night was definitely a success.  Eleanor came home and showed Aaron some of the dance moves she saw.  And the next day I pulled out a new "tutu dress" for church and her eyes got really big with excitement.  Looks like we need to look into some dance classes for this sweet girl.  Also, I think we are due for another mother-daughter date because this one made my heart super happy.

And thanks for the tickets, Lucy! You have such darling kids to watch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment