5.30.2012

It was a great idea.

The best ideas are hatched over ice cream and crepes. Or so we've learned.

We had a funny couple of run-ins with the Mitchell's (we met Aaron Mitchell our freshmen year at BYU and then his wife back when they were dating), which resulted in trading ice cream scoops for crepe desserts.  While eating our crepes, the idea of a weekend getaway to St. George was born.  We realized we all liked the outdoors and wanted to take advantage of Utah summers.  After some brainstorming, we decided to take a trip on Memorial Day weekend.  Grammy and Grandpa graciously allowed us to use their condo in St. George and so our little crepe idea was brought to reality.

We are already thinking back fondly on the trip.  We swam, hot tubbed and played tennis/raquetball/footwall or wallball or whatever the made-up name was/ping-pong/kan-jam.  Aaron and I had one day of wins but after that the Mitchell's creamed us in everything.  I discovered my severe lack of frisbee skills.  I think it's safe to say that me and a frisbee are a dangerous combo.

Tayler and I had a girly Saturday afternoon of antique shopping.  We found the cutest antique stores and fell in love with the quaint downtown area of St. George.

Sunday brought a picnic outside the St. George Temple.  We attended church with Mimi and Papa and then had a lovely dinner at their home.  It was so great to see them as always.  We even got to help break in their new fire pit by making s'mores!

We hiked the Narrows on Monday morning and froze for the first half of the trip.  Luckily the sun came out and we got to enjoy a really beautiful hike back in.  Aaron loved the hike because he could pick his own path.  We waded back and forth through the Virgin River and saw the most amazing red canyon walls.

I'm so glad we got to take advantage of the weekend.  It really makes you feel grown up when you go on your own vacations.

I'm excited to see what future ideas we hatch over ice cream and crepes.  It turned out to be such a fortuitous dessert after all.

3 comments:

  1. So much fun! Maybe Nate and I need more ice cream and crepes in our lives ;) Speaking of ice cream I spotted som Nielson's Frozen Custard cups! That is our favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We must go out for ice cream and crepes and hatch a scheme of our own! Maybe shaved ice will be our lucky dessert :) Oh and Aaron's family introduced me to Nielson's Frozen Custard last summer and I fell in love with it! You have a good eye. It's definitely is so so good.

      Delete
  2. You guys are too cute! Whenever we go on vacation I still feel the need to ask my mom for permission... I wonder when that feeling will go away. :) st George is really beautiful. Love seeing the pictures of you trip!

    ReplyDelete